Thursday, November 13, 2008

Part of History!

Done with my first project in Boston and I am very proud so say that I was a part of change that happened on Nov 4th in USA. Who would have guessed that my first project at ThoughtWorks will be of such huge importance. I cannot blog about my projects but already enough hint is given for the project that I worked on.
From technology point of view, had very good exposure to PHP, MySQL and Cloud Computing (Amazon Web Services). It is great how scalability is becoming relatively easier with Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) especially for start ups. There was a very good section on The Economist about the cloud computing from corporate point of view and how it is going to change. Well, definitely so much exciting stuff going on that who can stop!
Working on my personal project on Ruby on Rails these days. I was for long trying to create a website for philately enthusiasts, which will try to incorporate a lot of functionality that as a philatelist I always wanted to have in an application. Presently, a very simple site is up and running on my Mac. I will be in touch with fellow philatelist, whom I know, to test the functionality and recommend enhancements and addition to the site. Hopefully, looking for my beta mode in spring of 2009.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home