Wednesday, January 02, 2008

ThoughtWorker

It feels good to be back after finally graduating and getting a job at ThoughtWorks. But still busy with preparing myself to leave for India for 6 weeks training at ThoughtWorks University. Lots to read and lot to learn before I leave. Presently rebrushing Java, then have to read about Extreme Programming and thinking of knowing more about design patterns. Also some philosophy books that need to be read before I leave. Also working for time being at Alliance Technologies, who were kind enough to let me continue till February. Things are pretty much busy till June when I have to move to Chicago....

So much to learn and so less time. Maybe I should follow the Agile way, short iterations of 2 days instead of 2 weeks of reading a particular book. Discussing with my friends and emphasizing osmotic communication. After 2 days testing my skills by revising (refactoring?) and then again explaining it to my friends to see the depth of my understanding (testing). But what happened to Test Driven Development, how to incorporate TDD in reading a book in short iteration...
Maybe trying to know what you want to learn from a chapter by reading its title and introduction.... Not to clear... any ideas.....

How about pair reading (read programming). Two person same book same time. Come back after two days and discuss...

Well, these are some of the methodologies I will be using at ThoughtWorks to develop software. I was trying to use it in our daily life. Too ambitious or too vague. Life a software? Concept of fail fast applies. Sometime you fail sometime you pass...

Well, I am so excited to be at ThoughtWorks and ready to begin my journey and follow the long road. I am excited to meet some of the leading personalities in software industry who work at ThoughtWorks. Martin Fowler, Neal Ford and many others...

Hopefully, I will be able to follow this long road and become a better person both professionally and personally and also help ThoughtWorks in revolutionizing the way software industry works.

More to come......

1 Comments:

At 3:14 AM , Blogger KetanPadegaonkar said...

Appruv,

Welcome to ThoughtWorks :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home